Tanning Tips And FAQ's
1. How many tanning sessions does it take to see results?
Firstly, results will vary from person to person. However, you will begin to see results after a few tanning sessions. Moreover, it may take a few weeks of regular tanning (at least 3-4 times a week) to get the color you are looking for. In addition, if you are developing a base tan before going on a holiday, you should start tanning about three to four weeks before your trip. Lastly, the sooner you start, the better!
2. How can I tan better in a tanning bed?
- Exfoliate the day before you’re tanning session to remove all dead skin.
- Shower before your tanning session. Remember, clean Skin always Tans best.
- Remove all makeup prior to tanning.
- Use a high quality Approved Indoor Tanning Lotion, that helps boost melanin production. We have a wide variety available for purchase in our Tanning Studio.
- Drink plenty of Water
Equally Important, DO NOT BURN:
- Firstly, a burn does not turn into a TAN. Secondly, Tan in Moderation and be responsible. Thirdly, with frequent spaced out visits, we can slowly up your time helping you achieve color at a pace that won’t over expose the skin. Lastly, remember we are here to help you while promoting Responsible Tanning.
3. Do I have to wear Protective Eye Wear?
As a matter of fact, the answer is Yes. It is LAW. Please Click Here and refer to section 6. Due to Covid, sharing is not recommended. As a result, they are available for purchase in our studio.
4. Do I have to make an appointment?
In fact, no appointment is needed. However, New & Returning Clients please click here to help speed up the registration process.
5. What do I wear while in a Tanning bed or Booth?
Firstly, this is a personal option. However, you may bring a bathing suit, wear underwear, or Tan without clothing. However, exposing parts of the body that usually do not see the sun have a higher chance of sunburn. Moreover, our advice is to slowly expose those parts over a prolong period of time. Furthermore, remember to always be responsible. Lastly, we ask that all Jewelry, Watches, be removed prior to Tanning.
6. Can I use outdoor Oil or Sunscreen in a tanning bed?
Firstly, the answer to this is NO. Secondly, Sunscreens and Oils contain ingredients which damage our acrylics. However, we do carry a wide variety of indoor tanning products which are specifically formulated for indoor tanning equipment. Moreover, we ask that you leave all outdoor products at home. Lastly, we pride ourselves on keeping our equipment looking new and anyone caught using an outdoor product will be banned from our studio. For Company Policies Click Here.
7. How old do I have to be to Tan?
In fact, here in Ontario the legal age to Tan is 18. As a result, under the Ontario by law it is illegal to offer tanning services to anyone under 18. Furthermore, Parental or a Doctors Permission for persons under 18 are not accepted. In fact, a valid ID is required for all persons who appear to be under the age of 25. As a result, we ask you to bring it with you on your first visit.
8. Can I Tan while I’m pregnant?
Firstly, we ask you to consult your physician. We are not medical experts. However, we know that there is no risk to the fetus from UV rays (since they cannot penetrate deeper than the dermis). Moreover, Pregnant women are advised to be cautious with saunas, hot tubs and other devices and or activities that can cause excessive body heat. However, If your physician okay’s your tanning, speak to our Tanning Associates about which units may be best for you.
9. How Much time should I wait until my next Tan?
Equally important, the Minimum wait time is 24 hours. This is something we enforce at our studio. However, we do recommend every second day.
10. Can Sunbeds Help increase Vitamin D levels?
Please Click the link and read the article below
Additionally, Click Here to Visit our Vitamin D Research Page.